Dental Exams and X-Rays
Keeping up with routine dental cleanings, exams, and x-rays, your oral and dental health is an important step to maintain a healthy smile. There’s more to visiting the dentist than you think – you may feel like it’s inconvenient and out of the way for you to visit, but if you keep up with these regularly scheduled appointments, they can help you avoid the heavily financial costs that could be associated with necessary treatments in the future. They can also help solve any dental problems that are currently in their early stages before they escalate to something worse.
How it’s done
First, your dentist will exams your mouth visually with the use of dental mirrors, high-intensity lights, and an assortment of helpful dental tools. Not only will we examine and search for cracked and decayed teeth, but we will review other important items such as:
• Medical history: We’ll assess how any new medical conditions or illnesses that may affect your dental health.
• Examination of tooth decay: If there are any cracked, chipped, or damaged teeth, your teeth may be suffering from tooth decay.
• Oral cancer screening: Your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums will be checked for any signs of oral cancer.
• Gum disease evaluation: Your gums, teeth, and surrounding areas will be checked for any evidence of periodontal disease.
• Examination of existing restorations: We’ll check out any current fillings, crowns, and other restorations to ensure that they’re in the best shape that they can be.
Additionally, we’ll take diagnostic x-rays to reveal any other hidden problems that can’t be seen by the naked eye. The areas below the gums are especially important so we can make sure that every part of your smile is properly taken care of.
Not only are we a general and cosmetic dentistry, but we’re also a pediatric dentistry in Victoria TX – we take care of patients of all ages! To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call us today at (361) 235-4283.