Services -> Advanced Dentistry -> Dental Implants | Root Canal Therapy | Dentures | Dental Bridges | TMJ Treatment | Sedation Dentistry
If you’re missing one or multiple teeth, you can become extremely discouraged about the way your smile looks and feels. Not only will it hinder your personal and professional life, but it also puts a damper on your oral, dental, and overall health. Thankfully, dental implants in Victoria TX are becoming an increasingly popular method for replacing teeth with millions of successful stories. This not only is an option to replace one or more teeth, but is also an alternative to dentures.
Advantages of dental implants
• After being placed and fully healing, dental implants are extremely natural looking
• Their surgical placement makes them very stable and comfortable compared to traditional dentures
• If properly taken care of by keeping up with your dental routines, they have the ability to last a lifetime!
Types of dental implants
Your Victoria county dentist will be able to tell you which type of dental implant is the best for you and your smile:
• Root form implant: This is the most common type of dental implant, where a screw is shaped like the root of the tooth and acts as so, allowing a crown to be placed on top to look natural next to the rest of your teeth.
• Plate form implant: This option has a flat and long shape and is a better option for patients with a narrow jawbone.
• Subperiosteal implants: Some patients who want to replace their missing teeth don’t have enough bone width or height for the root form or plant form implant to support. This could be due to periodontal disease deteriorating the bone. Subperiosteal implants may be the best option, designed to sit on top of the bone but under the gums to stay steady.